A secret garden

A secret garden
Peaceful haven

Sunday 6 July 2014

A Rose of England

Well, I sort of.... abandoned this page for a while!! I apologise for that. It's been a bit of a mad time for me, what with work and illness and all sorts of things happening. Unfortunately I never finished my last cross stitch in time for the judging, but it's still in my stitching bag waiting for me to pick it up again. In the meantime, I'm concentrating on the latest competition, which is stitching something patriotic for your country or area. I'm thinking slightly out of the box for this one, and since England is the land of the Rose (and I have a rose cross stitch sitting in my to-do list that has been there for FAR too long), I'm going to stitch that. I am very aware that I gave myself too large a project to do last time in too short a time, and I'm doing exactly the same thing this time! However, I've already made a good start, and it does seem to be stitching up quite quickly. I have until the end of September (bearing in mind I'll be in Africa for two weeks during September), and since I've been wanting to start this for so long, now is as good a time as any!



In other news, I have started Slimming World again. Finding it much easier than last time now that everyone in the house is slimming and starting to eat more healthily. I sorted out the fridge this morning, and put all the non-healthy stuff (Dad caved the other day and bought profiteroles!) in the bottom, and all the healthier stuff on the top shelves. Easy to access, and mostly all free on the SW plan.

4 comments:

  1. The start on this rose is looking quite lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start! I'm sure you can get it finished in time for the contest and I love how you're thinking 'outside the box' for this one! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOOO, this looks good!

    Is slimming world the same thing as the US version of weight watchers? I have a rather annoying muffin top that has to go and honestly, sit-ups are not on my list of ways to get rid of it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla!

      Not exactly - weight watchers and slimming world are very similar, but there's some big differences. I did do weight watchers for a bit, but prefer slimming world, as you get a lot more food on their plan is free, and it's not just fruit and veg! Chicken, (in fact, most lean meats, including bacon with the fat cut off) pasta, fat free yoghurt - all free, and you can eat as much of them as you like. They give you a 'healthy extra' choice, too - 2 a day, actually. Your healthy extra a is a weighed or measured dairy product, and the healthy extra b is a weighed fibre product like bread or cereal.

      You can sort of mix and match the two diets - although unlike weight watchers, slimming world doesn't have it's own range of foods available in the stores, I love weight watchers yoghurts, and they are free on the slimming world plan.

      Delete