A secret garden

A secret garden
Peaceful haven

Thursday 10 July 2014

Rose of England WIP

Day 10 of the challenge, and about a week into stitching for me - and the first petal is starting to take shape! I love the colours on the linen, they really seem to shine and take on a life of their own.  This is the first time I've really worked on linen, and while it has its challenges, I love the look that the stitches have on it.

You can see how quickly this is stitching up compared to the last photo! I might actually get this done in time......

In other news, everything is starting to take shape for Africa. Posted my visa application yesterday for Zambia (nearly £70 for a visa!!) and getting my malaria tablets tomorrow (£80 for them!) so my bank balance is feeling a little bit poorly this month. However, this is a once in a lifetime trip, and I cannot wait. Ten weeks to go......

5 comments:

  1. That is looking really beautiful. And that trip sounds amazing, have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop looking at your beautiful stitching!

    Are you going to Victoria Falls in Zambia? I hope you take TONS of pictures...Nancy will be beside herself since that is a MASSIVE waterfall :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you! And yes, I am. Stating in Livingstone for a few days, then into Botswana, and finally down into Capetown and the Winelands. Oh, there'll be a ton of pictures coming, have no fear of that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXCELLENT!! But finish the rose first hahahahahaha!

      Delete